After a thorough inspection I found another spongy laminate just below the rubbing strake.
Another strange thing was the paint had been stripped from the rudder, right down to the metal but just on one side.
After working Monday and Tuesday morning I eventually managed to make a start on the repairs on Tuesday afternoon. By Wednesday evening the soft laminates had been cut out, new pieces put in and everything repainted. I had to get a move on because of the weather coming in on Thursday. Well they forecast rain and rain we got, lots of it. Some summer this is, on the positive side though at least I know that the leak has been fixed.
Friday evening and Epenetus is on the way back to the water
With all of this practice we'll be able to launch and retrieve in our sleep soon
Apart from the knackered jockey wheel the launch went well